Dr. Oz’s new secret for rapid weight loss: The system 20 diet plan and change of lifestyle
There are many diets out there some are effective and some are not. With System 20 diet plan not only you will lose weight but also you will feel more energized and have a healthier body.
It’s not a big secret, it’s Dr. Oz’s new program that changes the way you eat, how you eat, and not just that also you make changes in morning and night routine, and so much more.
Find out everything about System 20 here in this article and who knows maybe you will decide to follow this new way of eating and living!
- Dr. Oz’s new secret for rapid weight loss: The system 20 diet plan and change of lifestyle
- What is the system 20 diet plan?
- The main components of the System 20 plan
- How to eat on System 20
- Morning routine, goals, sleep and destress on System 20
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. For more information, please see our disclosure.
What is the system 20 diet plan?
The system 20 diet is a multifaceted plan that includes a morning routine, changes in diet and meals, working on de-stressing, or simply said it’s a complete change of your lifestyle. The way you eat, how well you sleep, how you manage stress and connecting with people.
According to the creator of “System 20” Dr.Oz, “It’s a comprehensive science-based health overhaul you can actually live with”.
This new lifestyle plan not only helps you lose weight but may also reduce your risk for health conditions like diabetes or heart disease. According to Dr.Oz if you follow System 20 correctly this plan will help you to lower your blood pressure, blood sugar, cholesterol, and all these factors will help your body stay healthier.
The core of System 20 revolves around intermittent fasting, or you eat for 8 hours a day and fast for the remaining 16 hours.
When you first read this that if you decide to follow the System 20 plan you shouldn’t eat for 16 hours, it may sound a little scary. But Dr.Oz says: “The switch can actually improve our energy, help control our blood sugar, help our body fight stress and even help reduce inflammation”.
The best thing is that most of the hours you’re supposed to be fasting, you are actually asleep.
The program or this plan System 20 gets its name from 20 main components that consumers need to follow to achieve the goal of this lifestyle changing plan.
System 20 Diet Plan and Weight Loss
The program states that users can lose up to 20 pounds (9 kg) in their participation and will see up to a reduction of 20% in the risk of diabetes and heart disease.
The main components of the System 20 plan
To start with this lifestyle changing plan you need to remember number 20 and the 20 components of this plan. Here is what you need to do:
- Wake up at the same time every day
- Start your morning with stretch and meditation
- Do a fasted cardio routine (doing a workout after not eating for some amount of time)
- Enjoy coffee with special “creamer” MCT oil – boosts fat burn, kills the appetite, and jump-starts energy. (buy organic MCT oil here from Amazon).
How to eat
- Fast from 7 p.m.-11 a.m. every day
- Move over breakfast, break your fast at 11 a.m.
- Both brunch and dinner will be a mix of nutrient-dense, fat-fighting protein, beans, and greens.
- Low-carb snacks before 7 p.m.
- Add 2 tbs of apple cider vinegar to lunch or dinner
- Frozen blueberries for dessert
- No added sugar
- Take one day off per week
Sleep and destress
- No caffeine after 3 p.m.
- Replace one text conversation with a phone call once per week
- Put your phone down one hour before bed
- Work up to planking for 1 full minute
- <35-inch waist circumference
- <120/80 blood pressure
- <100 fasting glucose
- <100 LDL cholesterol
How to eat on System 20
If you decide to start following the System 20 diet plan you should be aware that it is allowed to eat only from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
You can drink coffee before 11 a.m. but it must be black without sugar or milk. The reason for this is that if you add sugar or milk you will consume too many calories and that will interrupt your fast.
As we mentioned above you can add MCT oil to your coffee and it can assist with weight loss, but remember that you should stop consuming caffeine every day by 3 p.m.
- Drinks – You are free to drink water and unsweetened tea all day. Optional: Coffee with 1-2 tbs MCT oil pre-brunch.
- Brunch – Toss a bowl of greens with healthy dressing; add a serving cooked chicken, 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, and additional veggies and healthy extras to taste.
- Low-Carb Snacks – It’s recommended to eat olives, nuts, cheese. hard-cooked eggs and lean deli meat.
- Dinner – Enjoy a serving of homemade chili (any variety with lean protein and beans), a leafy green side salad, and berries for dessert.
To track your progress on System 20 here is a book called System 20 Diet Journal & Daily Log Book. This book is a daily food diary plus an exercise log, sleep tracker, and healthy recipes.
Try to stick to the plan and stop eating by 7 p.m. If you need to eat later than 7 p.m. make sure to maintain your 16 hours fast. So, if you eat dinner at 8 p.m. make sure not to start eating until 12 p.m. the next day.
Here are some things that you must stick to on System 20 diet!
Eliminate added sugars
Experts believe that sugar consumption is a major cause of obesity and many chronic diseases, such as type 2 diabetes. Dietary guidelines suggest limiting calories from added sugar to less than 10% per day.
In the U.S. added sugars account for up to 17% of the total calorie intake of adults and up to 14% for children.
Consuming too much added sugar is linked to increased risk of weight gain, risk of heart disease, and type 2 diabetes, accelerates the skin aging process, drains your energy…
There is no beneficial or nutritional reason for added and artificial sugars to remain in your diet. Focus your eating on natural foods like vegetables, fruits, nuts, proteins. It’s good to check all labels on products before consuming, to be sure that there is no added sugar.
System 20 is not restricting you from eating sweet things. it is completely allowed to consume dark chocolate and berries.
Good To Remember
If you focus on preparing healthy meals and limiting the intake of foods that contain added sweeteners can help you cut back on the amount of sugar in your diet.
Eat beans, greens and proteins
Beans, greens, and proteins are must-eat foods for your lunch and dinner meals. The greens work as a base of your meal, the beans work as healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied longer, and proteins are there to help you burn fat while increasing strength.
How to make green, bean, and protein bowl on System 20 Diet
Pick one item in each category and build your own bowl
- Brussels sprouts
- Collard greens
- Swiss chard
- Bok Choy
- Lettuce varieties
- Green beans
- Black beans
- Cannellini beans
- Lima beans
- Kidney beans
- Navy beans
- Ground turkey
- Ground chicken
One day off per week
System 20 allows you to take one day off every week, and on this day it’s allowed to eat what you want and when you want.
But keep in mind that eating too much can derail the progress you’ve made throughout the rest of the week, so be mindful not to overdo it.
A healthy low-carb snack should be made up mostly of protein and good fats to keep you satisfied and full. If this sounds a little complicated here is a little list of low-carb snacks that you can include in your System 20 diet plan.
- 1 sliced apple plus 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 pear plus 3.5 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp chia seeds plus 1/2 cup milk and 1tsp vanilla stevia
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 tbsp cocoa nibs, and a handful of raspberries
- 1/2 cucumber and 2 tbsp hummus
- 1 sliced tomato and 2 0z mozzarella cheese
- 1 handful baby carrots and 2 tbsp blue cheese
- 6 flaxseed crackers and 1 oz cheese
Morning routine, goals, sleep and destress on System 20
Dr. Oz’s System 20 plan focuses not just on changing eating habits and fasting but also on other aspects of life like setting goals, morning routine and sleep.
Oz recommends everyone to start their day with a two-minute meditation, a practice that he himself uses. After that, you continue with the morning routine mentioned above and with the eating plan for that day.
When it comes to bedtime, Oz. recommends not drinking coffee after 3 p.m. so you are able to fall asleep. Also, he recommends moving away from any electronics at least one hour before bed so the blue light doesn’t interfere with melatonin.
Our circadian rhythm (an internal process that regulates the sleep-wake cycle) is important to our well-being, and problems with it have been linked to sleep disorders, diabetes, obesity, and depression.
Dr. Oz says that if we wake up at the same time every day, we can help our body reinforce this circadian rhythm and hopefully reduce our risk of these diseases.
Another important part of Dr. Oz’s System 20 is staying connected and social. To combat feelings of loneliness Oz recommends replacing one text conversation with a phone call, and the result of this will be a better connection with our friends and loved ones.
Final thoughts about System 20 diet plan
The System 20 plan is not just a diet plan that will help you to lose weight. It’s a lifestyle change program that will help you to shed pounds but at the same time to be healthier and to learn new things about healthy eating and healthier life.
It is not so hard to follow this plan and it doesn’t require specific meals or eating and drinking at specific hours. The core of System 20 is intermittent fasting which is confirmed in many studies that are good for your overall health and also help with weight loss.
Make some changes in your life and why not to try the System 20 plan, maybe it will help you to be fit again and feel the energy again!
Related articles with diet and weight loss:
- The OMAD Diet: Can Eating One Meal Per Day Be Healthy?
- You Can’t Lose Weight? Here Are The Reasons Why
- The 2000-Calorie Diet To Lose Weight Fast: Foods To Eat And Avoid For Best Results