Speed up weight loss with the shock diet
Can you lose 25 pounds in just 2 weeks? What is the shock diet? Is this diet healthy or not?
These are the topics that we will write about in this article.
Planning to lose weight just in time for summer? Then you’ve got to start eating right and making healthier choices!
If you want to shed them and get a toned body, you’ll need to make sure you stay at a calorie deficit while exercising daily to build muscle.
If you’re still confused with how to lose weight and what to eat, it’s best to follow a meal plan to stay accountable and track your progress. But what diet, exactly? Try the shock diet!
The shock diet is meant to have you lose up to 25 pounds in just TWO WEEKS!
But how does it work and what do you need? I’ll be showing you how to follow this diet and some tips to stick to your plan.
What Is The Shock Diet?
The shock diet is also called “The 14-Day Diet“. It’s known to aid in your weight loss through shocking your metabolism, thus increasing its metabolic rate and burning more fat.
Like mentioned, this diet claims to help you lose a whopping thirty pounds in two weeks, which seems like too little time to shed off that much weight.
So yes, it will require a low-calorie intake. But the creators of the diet claim that the positive metabolic effect will last for two years, which will help you maintain the weight after finishing the diet.
Because of its demanding meal plan and lack of calories, you should only do this once every two years. Also, if you happen to have a medical condition, then it’s best to consult your doctor before doing so.
How To Do The Shock Diet
What does the shock diet contain?
One benefit this diet has is that it doesn’t require you to prepare or purchase a lot of food.
Usually, you stick to similar meals on weekdays.
Here is the complete meal plan for the shock diet:
Breakfast will always be one orange (or any fruit except banana) and two pieces of rusk (hard biscuits).
Pair it with a cup of coffee or tea WITHOUT sugar. This meal goes on for every weekday you are on a diet.
You can easily find any of these foods or ingredients in any grocery store near you. It’s best not to substitute them for any other meal, as they contain the natural sugars and proteins your body needs to survive. Also, it contains the nutrients you need.
Take note that after the first five days, you will lose as much as five kilograms. Then you will slowly lose the rest over the next few days.
You can choose to have supplements and pair the diet with half an hour of exercise a day.
The shock diet is designed for the weekdays, meaning you can eat as usual during the weekends.
Make sure that you still eat balanced and healthy meals during the two days so as not to ruin your progress.
Once the weekend is over, repeat the diet for another five days, then repeat the “resting” phase and follow the diet one last time for five days. And you’re done with the diet and achieved weight loss!
Recovery Phase After Two Weeks On Shock Diet
Now that the two weeks are over, the problem many people face would be keeping the desired weight.
The shock diet prepared another meal plan you can follow just ONCE a week to keep your weight stabilized. Follow this plan:
- Breakfast: One glass of lemonade with NO sugar, but you can use low-calorie sweeteners.
- Lunch: One boiled egg and tomato (you can have an apple during lunch or as a snack)
- Dinner: One rusk and one tomato (you can add one boiled egg if you’re hungry)
The rules stay the same for this one day. I advise you to choose Monday as your “diet” day to help cleanse yourself from the typical weekend out!
When maintaining your weight, try not to drink any form of alcohol or fizzy drinks to avoid unwanted fat and calories.
Tips for Sticking to Your Meal Plans
Now that you know what the shock diet is, the question is: How can you stick to it?
Sure, two weeks is pretty short. But when you are following a similar meal plan every day, not getting enough variety or nutrition with what you consume, it may get boring (or tiring).
To help you get through the two weeks (and the Mondays where you’ll be limiting your food intake), here are the tips you can follow:
- Try to schedule the two weeks of your shock diet around times where you won’t have any family outings or events. It gets easier to stick to your diet when you have no dinners planned. Eat at home and keep to the same dishes the diet has planned.
- Get the right support. Announce to your loved ones that you’ll be on a diet. They’ll cheer you on and avoid triggering you to break your diet.
- Do you feel like eating? If you think you’re hungry, drink a cup of water first. If ever you’re craving for processed junk and feel tempted to cheat on your diet, go out for a walk to clear your mind. Other ways to relax your thoughts would be adult coloring books or games on your phone.
- Last but not least, stick to your diet by staying motivated. Keep your eye on the prize. It’s for two weeks, and you’ll be able to achieve the body you want without waiting for years!
Side Effects Of The Shock Diet
Now that you know what the shock diet can do regarding weight loss, what should you expect?
Similar to crash dieting or restricting your intake for an extended period, there are side effects, such as:
Like mentioned, the reason why you lose a lot of weight during the first few days of your diet would be water loss more than fat.
When burning glycogen and water, you might end up losing too much and suffer symptoms of dehydration. Some of these symptoms would be a headache, fatigue, or dizziness.
Blood Sugar Levels
Since you won’t have enough macronutrients to sustain you while dieting, your insulin and blood sugar levels won’t stay steady. It may end up spiking up or dropping, which is risky for those with diabetes.
You aren’t only losing fat during your diet, but you’re also burning muscle as well. Your body begins to break down your proteins, which are not only for muscles but energy as well.
It won’t just affect your physique, but it will leave you with less energy, resulting in weakness.
When on a diet, your brain won’t get enough nutrients which leads to brain fog. You are more susceptible to stress, which links to depression and lack of focus.
Final thoughts on how to lose 25 pounds in 2 weeks with the shock diet:
Shock diet can help you to lose 25 pounds in just two weeks but before trying this type of diet first consult with your doctor.
This is a restrictive diet and is not for everyone. If you like to view another diet that can help you to eat healthily and lose weight at the same time read the proposals mentioned down here.
Related articles with diet and weight loss:
- The Sirtfood Diet: Lose 7 Pounds in 7 Days by Eating Chocolate and Drinking Wine
- The OMAD Diet: Can Eating One Meal Per Day Be Healthy?
- The Carnivore Diet: Side Effects and Risks of Eating Only Meat
- The Body Reset Diet: Quick Weight Loss In Just 15 Days
- You Can’t Lose Weight? Here Are The Reasons Why
- The Mayr Method Diet: Rebel Wilson’s Weight Loss Secret
14 Day Shock Diet Challenge For Weight Loss